Self Portrait Drawing with Interactive Identity Frame
This art lesson celebrates students' identity and cultural diversity. If you have a multi-cultural class, this art project will be help your students' embrace their uniqueness. Lots of step by step drawing tutorials for the face that will help students jump right in with confidence.
Designed for both art classrooms and regular classrooms in mind. Student will draw a self portrait inside a frame and add a background. The frame has 4 boxes with questions for students to answer about their identity. The frame can be made interactive by gluing flaps over the written answers that can be lifted by the viewer.
What you get:
- Teacher Instructions (5 pages)
- Frames & Flaps (6 pages)
- Drawing Your Face (1 page)
- Descriptive Words (1 page)
- Drawing Long, Medium and Short Hair (5 pages)
- Drawing Curly & Braided Hair (3 pages)
- Drawing Religious Head Coverings (5 pages)
- Rubric (1 page)
>>>>> A total of 27 pages!
The drawing style in this resource is slightly simplified and stylized with a more cartoon-like finish that will be less intimidating to students and teachers that don't have a lot of drawing background.
Step by step instructions for finishing the self portraits with using only crayons & markers to retain details in the background, make the portrait stand out and achieve an even skin tone.
Children of different cultures will feel more included with drawing pages that include curly and braided hair along with steps to draw 14 different religious hats and head coverings.
Students will show their identity in the following ways:
- How they draw their face, hair style and clothes.
- Which special place they show in the background.
- What memory of that place they write about on the frame.
- What 3 words they use to describe themself (on the frame).
The frame has 4 boxes for writing:
- 1) Their name and date.
- 2) Describing the place in the background.
- 3) Telling a special memory from that place.
- 4) Picking 3 words to describe themself.
The frame came be left with the writing exposed. To make the frame interactive, you will get flaps that can be cut and glued to hide the answers until they are lifted. (Step by step assembly instructions are included.)
Easily download this PDF with a link that is automatically emailed to you immediately after your purchase and you can begin drawing right away!
Thanks for visiting!