Castle Design in the Style of Mary Blair
Create a fantasy castle drawing in the style of Mary Blair. Mary Blair is famous for designing the castle in Disney's It's a Small World. Your students will get many design ideas in a fun modern style for castle patterns, door, windows, domes, clock face, and the sun. This lesson can be used for a wide variety of skill levels with all the choices for getting started, from using a blank page, the grid pager or other quick start pages. There are even pages that kids (and adults) can color for fun. The perfect lesson after reading the book, "Pocket Full of Colors: The Magical World of Mary Blair, Disney Artist Extraordinaire".
Your students will:
- OPTIONAL: Read a book about Mary Blair (not included) **
- See an illustration of Mary Blair
- Test out a color palette
- Explore media/color combinations
- Design a castle, clock face, and sun
- Add color using their color and media choices
What You Get:
- Teacher Instructions (8 pages)
- Student Instructions (1 page)
- Color Exploration Pages (2 pages)
- Castle Drawing Ideas (4 pages)
- Dome Drawing Ideas (3 pages)
- Sun Drawing Ideas (3 pages)
- Clock Face Drawing Ideas (3 pages)
- Blank Castle - Quick Start (3 pages)
- Grid Paper (1 page)
- Print & Go (1 page)
- Coloring Pages (3 pages)
- Mary Blair Portrait (2 pages)
>>>>> A total of 34 pages
Take a look at the preview images to get a peek at every page.
** I recommend buying or borrowing The book, "Pocket Full of Colors: The Magical World of Mary Blair, Disney Artist Extraordinaire" to use as an introduction to this lesson.
Thanks for visiting!