Ancient History Drawing Bundle * Director's License *
This is a bundle of six art projects related to ancient history. You'll get two lessons that culminate in making a drawing of a Greek vase with patterns, two lessons that involve the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World, a perspective lesson based on The Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci, and a lesson on how to draw a Roman Mosaic Celtic Knot.
They are perfect for integrating history and art for homeschool or classroom instructors that want to add some drawing lessons to their curriculum. I've made as many variations and options as possible to help you use these lessons for a wide range of ages from elementary to middle school.
Each lesson teaches a different drawing skill or strategy to give your students a good foundation for drawing and making art.
Click on titles for more information.
Learn how to draw Greek patterns that can be used for a Greek vase art lesson. Use repeated motifs from ancient Greece to create patterns. The worksheets are divided into four levels of difficulty to differentiate the drawing activities easily.
What you Get in Twin Drawing:
- Teacher Instructions (6 pages)
- Drawing Warm-ups (6 pages)
- Twin Drawing Greek Motifs (5 pages)
- Making Patterns (10 pages)
- Mystery Drawing (5 pages)
>>>>> A total of 33 pages!
Symmetry drawing worksheets that include Greek vases. These symmetry activity sheets are perfect for your ancient Greece study, math, and art lessons. The lessons include some warm-up drawings along with how to draw Greek vases. Symmetry also may fit into your math curriculum and is a fun way to teach kids about the line of symmetry (or reflection).
What You Get in Symmetry Drawing:
- Teacher Instructions - (5 pages)
- Greek Vase Warm-ups - (4 pages)
- Greek Ornament Warm-ups - (6 page)
- Amphora Vase (4 levels) - (5 pages)
- Krater Vase (4 levels) - (5 pages)
- Lydion Vase (4 levels) - (5 pages)
- Student Handouts - (3 pages)
- Pattern Ideas - (4 pages)
- Vase Outline Pages - (10 pages)
- Vases with Ornaments - (10 pages)
>>>>> A total of 57 pages!
Students will learn how to draw the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World by using an upside-down drawing strategy and a grid. Kids will choose one of 7 Wonders to turn upside-down and draw on special grid paper in this art lesson. You'll get coloring pages of all 7 Wonders of the World with grids over them for reference, along with pages for students to research more about each sculpture or building. I've drawn each of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World in 2 levels of difficulty. In addition, I've taken just a portion of the Hanging Gardens of Babylon and made them into several more uncomplicated illustrations for younger students to use.
This drawing strategy helps students focus on drawing each line and shape instead of thinking about the entire picture.
What You Get in Upside-down Drawing:
- Teacher Instructions - (6 pages)
- 7 Wonders Research - (9 pages)
- Upside-down drawings - (11 pages)
- Grid Paper - (5 pages)
>>>>> A total of 31 pages!
Students will look at the work abstract art of Paul Klee and make an abstract drawing of one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. In this art lesson, kids will choose one of 6 ways to abstract a picture and then create a limited color palette to add color to their art project. You'll get coloring pages of all 7 Wonders of the World for reference, along with pages for students to research more about each sculpture or building.
What you Get in Abstract Art:
- Teacher Instructions (6 pages)
- Presentation - Paul Klee (12 pages)
- Student Instructions (1 page)
- Color Wheel (1 page)
- Roll & Draw (2 pages)
- Limited Palette (1 page)
- 7 Wonders Research (9 pages)
- Coloring Pages (18 pages)
>>>>> A total of 50 pages!
Students will look at The Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci, draw a room and table using a one-point perspective, and then show themselves having lunch with a friend. This art lesson includes step-by-step help making a perspective drawing, resources to make a self-portrait and a portrait of a friend, along with a coloring page of The Last Supper.
What You Get in Perspective Drawing:
- Teacher Instructions (3 pages)
- Last Supper Presentation (18 pages)
- (10 pages of the presentation are the perspective drawing steps)
- Last Supper Coloring Page (1 page)
- Finish the Picture (1 page)
- Perspective Drawing Steps (12 pages)
- Portrait Drawing Choices (8 pages)
>>>>> A total of 43 pages!
Learn how to draw a Celtic knot from the mosaic floor of a basilica from ancient Rome. Get step-by-step instructions for drawing the knot using the grid drawing method.
Learn about the element of art, VALUE, then use a value scale to add color to the mosaic knot. You'll get the worksheets needed to differentiate this art lesson into three different levels for a fun way to learn about architecture in art class or when studying art history or ancient Rome.
What you Get Roman Mosaic Knots:
- Teacher Instructions (4 pages)
- Background Information (5 pages)
- Value Worksheets (5 pages)
- Drawing Knot 1 (5 pages)
- Drawing Knot 2 (4 pages)
- Drawing Knot 3 (6 pages)
>>>>> A total of 29 pages!
Easily download this PDF with a link that is automatically emailed to you immediately after your purchase, and you can begin drawing right away!
Thanks for visiting!